Antonelli San Marco is a wine and farming estate which extends over an entire 170 hectares located centrally within Montefalco's DOCG winemaking area.
The estate is mentioned in several medieval documents, in which San Marco de Corticellis is described as a Longobard cohort and one of the territories most suited for the cultivation of vines and olives. From the 13th to the 19th century the property belonged to the bishopric of Spoleto. In fact the current boundaries are practically the same as those described in a 13th century document currently preserved in the Bishop's Archive. In 1881 it was bought by Francesco Antonelli, a lawyer from Spoleto. He began a radical work of transformation and modernisation of the planting and the farming. A report from 1899 mentions that the vineyards were already planted with 5,000 vines per hectare and that the red wines were showing excellent characteristics. There were also great improvements for the tenant farmers' welfare: "their health, the ease with which they could resolve their domestics needs makes them more efficient in their labour and more fond of the property...". Distinguished by this philosophy, the Antonelli estate eventually started bottling and marketing its wines in 1979.