The Torrevento Winery, founded in 1989, is located in that strip of territory of Corato (BA) where Frederick II's castle, known as Castel del Monte, magically dominates the hills of the Alta Murgia highlands. The Torrevento Winery S.r.l stands on the sunny and wild frame of the north western Murgia. It embraces an antique monastery, a wonderful rock made construction, built in the 17th century in the neighborhood of a locality called "Torrevento". After many handovers, the monastery and the surrounding territories were purchased in 1948 by the brothers Francesco and Domenico Liantonio. They started a wine making activity which was later transformed in the Torrevento Winery company. The Company's landmark is the octagonal shaped castle, which was built by the order of Frederick II of Swabia; the castle is only 3 miles away and it's been adopted as the symbol of production. Massive renovation works made in the last years, enabling the company to use more and more sophisticated wine making practices (like controlled temperature fermentation), an accurate selection of grape varieties, last but not least passion and a lot of professionalism: thanks to those factors, The Torrevento Winery, started as a rural wine cellar, became in the 90ies one of the most important companies in the wine producing sector, giving the Torrevento brand name the chance to obtain numerous acknowledgments.
There is 1 product.