- Grape varieties: 50% Piedirosso (locally known as per ‘e palummo) and 50% Aglianico.
-Production zones and municipalities: Furore and neighbouring municipalities.
- Exposure and altitude: Coastal terraces set 200/550 metres above sea level, with southerly exposure.
- Soil composition: Dolomitic-limestone rock.
- Cultivation system: Pergola and/or atypical radial, espalier.
- Plant density: 5000-7000 vines per hectare.
- Grape harvest yield per hectare: About 6 tons per hectare (1.3 kg per plant).
- Harvesting time: Last ten days of October. Hand-picked
- Vinification technique: The grapes are harvested when fully ripe and are destemmed and crushed before undergoing fermentation with intense maceration for 30 days, followed by malo-lactic fermentation and development in new French oak barriques.
- Maturing technique and duration prior to bottling: 12 months in new French oak barriques.
COLOUR: red colour with dark ruby hues
AROMA: intense aroma of black forest fruits, blackberries, blackcurrants and blueberries
FLAVOUR: smooth, well-balanced taste with an aromatic finish of brushwood and spices
Best enjoyed at a temperature of 16-18°C.
|Type||Riserva Red Wine|
|Designation of origin||Costa d'Amalfi D.O.C.|
|Alcohol Content||13,5 %|